By now, you're probably familiar with the term life hacks (simplified quick tips to make your life easier). Here are 10 of my favorite life hacks for you:
1. If you want a low cost airline ticket, then purchase your ticket on Tuesdays. Tuesday, Wednesday and Saturday are also the cheapest days to fly, either the first flight out in morning and last flight out at night (red eye).
2. Want to make sure you wake up in the morning? The snooze button app on the iPhone will donate to a charity each time you hit the snooze button.
3. Instead of scrapping ice off of your car, spray it with 2/3 vinegar and 1/3 water. The ice will melt right off.
4. Have a problem remembering if you took your pills already? Flip the bottle upside down every time you take them.
5. If you have a tendency to forget what you need to buy at the grocery store, take a picture of the inside of your refrigerator with your cell phone. It’s easier than writing a grocery list.
6. When making cookies, replace butter with avocado. It tastes no different and makes the cookies healthier for you
7. A bit of toothpaste can successful fix a scratched cell phone screen.
8. Trying to learn a new language? Try to find a translation of your favorite book in that language.
9. If you’re in an area where you should have cell phone service but you don’t, put your phone on “air plane” mode and switch back. This will cause your phone to register and find all the cell phone towers in your area.
10. When filling your car with gas, hold the trigger half way. You’ll get more gas than air in the tank.